Saturday, June 03, 2006

An Oldie but a Goodie

I made this blanket 6 years ago (God, it doesn't seem like that long ago!!!) when I was pregnant with my 3rd child, who's now 5 1/2.

I didn't know for sure what I was going to have - boy or girl. We'd had several scans (lots of health scares with this one!), but never, not once in any of them, was she in a position where we could tell definitively whether she was a boy or a girl. I had a feeling it was a girl, but I didn't want to put all my faith in that feeling. So I opted to make a blanket with neutral coloring, so that no matter what I had, it would be appropriate.

It's done in pastel shades of purple, green, and yellow, and done all in single crochet. I wanted it as warm as possible, because I was due at the end of September and it can get VERY cold in the Chicago area at the end of September! You never know what the weather's going to be like. It can be 90 degrees one day, and 30 degrees the next.

The border is a mix of single crochet and shells. Shells at the top and bottom, single crochet on the sides.

I'm quite proud of this one, because it was done long before I ever learned to read a pattern, so it was all off the top of my head. And because of the fact that I obviously did a good enough job that it's stood up to countless washings, 3 moves, and the kids dragging it around all over the place. Thumbs Up

I wouldn't exactly call it my BEST work, but it ain't too shabby, either! Nerd







Closeup view of the stitches.

No comments: