Friday, February 09, 2007

The Round Ripple is FINITO!!!!


Finally!!!

Of course, to be honest, it really didn't take me all that long. But it FELT like it took forever. Now that I think about it, the baby afghans that I made for my children and my niece and nephew took longer, but this one seemed to drag on and on forever.

Now that it's finished, I'll tell y'all the details. It's made from dk (double knitting) weight yarn, with an F (Susan Bates) hook. Since I used 2 partial skeins for the 2 different shades of pink and not even a whole skein of the white, I can't be absolutely certain, but if I had to guess, I'd say it used about 1 1/2 skeins of yarn (100g skeins). It's not very big, but it's not supposed to be. The baby granny is going to be much bigger. I'm thinking this one would be great to use in her buggy when it starts getting a bit warmer out, but it's not so warm that she wouldn't need anything at all. (Of course, to be quite honest, it rarely gets that warm here anyway.)

I got the pattern here. I have to thank the ladies of the 'ville for that - I kept seeing these round ripples all over the place, and didn't know where to find the pattern. But the 'ville has this really nifty search option, so I did a search, and whaddya know? Somebody had posted the link to the pattern. Lucky me! *lol*

It still needs to be washed (I ALWAYS wash items before gifting them - it softens up the yarn and they get the delicious smell of my fabric softener! *lol*), but I'm not giving it to Ellie until I get her other stuff done anyway. I may start assembling her baby granny tonight, if I have time. Regardless, it should only be a few days more before I've got everything finished (I'm making her a little stuffy with the scraps left over as well) and can take it all next door.

No comments: