Wednesday, January 24, 2007

WiP Wednesday

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I saw this on the 'ville and thought I'd steal it. I like the idea of having one day a week devoted solely to WiPs, and I thought it might help me to make sure I keep this blog updated. Not to mention it'll help me keep it all straight in my head! *lol*


This is the makings of a "baby granny" afghan I'm making. I've been working on it off and on for a while, but I really need to get it done... especially since the baby it's for was born last Saturday!!! You can see the green, yellow, and pink squares, but there are also going to be purple ones. Very girly. :) I actually only have 4 more squares to make before I can start assembling it. The problem is just that I have so many WiPs going at the moment!



And this second picture is that of a round ripple I just started today. I've been wanting to start it for a while, but I wasn't sure if I had enough of the right colors of yarn... so I bought some more today. As you can see, I'm starting it with a very small ball of a peachy-pink color. Since I'm making this for the same baby as the baby granny, I wanted girly colors, and I thought this would go quite nicely. And since it's such a small ball, I thought it would be perfect for the very middle of the 'ghan. I'm also going to add the same shade of pink as in the first picture, and white. I might add some other colors from my stash as I go, but at least I know I have enough pink and white to make a pretty good sized 'ghan. :)

The only other WiP that I'm actively working on at the moment is my "Oh-So-Soft" scarf. But as I just posted a WiP picture of that one the other day, I thought it would be a little redundant to post yet ANOTHER one. So you'll just have to wait until I finish it and see the end result! :-P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new look! AND your WIP's... Good job!